Wednesday 27th January 2021
Southern Sheeting is a fast growing, family owned and operated,
specialist roofing and building materials distributor, supplying products
nationwide. We pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service and product
knowledge. We have a team of 40 employees, split across our two depots.
As a member of the Southern Sheeting team you will be an important part of delivering the next stage of our growth as a market leader. You will be able to make a real difference, your contribution will be recognised, and you will have the opportunity to develop your career with us. Our people genuinely are our most important asset – we care about their wellbeing and value their contribution.
As a member of the Sales Team your activities will include
- Working in a fast paced, exciting and dynamic sales environment where everybody in the team supports each other.
- Providing expert advice and closing sales in regard to customer enquiries made via the telephone, email, online and at the trade counter
- Undertaking proactive sales campaigns (calls, emails, social media) to targeted prospects (this would equate to 1 day a week on average)
- Providing Account Management to key customers.
- Looking to upsell and cross sell in order to assist customers and maximise sales.
- Providing high levels of technical advice and customer service.
- Interpreting and pricing technical drawings and specifications.
- Processing enquiries and orders and handling after-sales support.
- Previous experience and evidence of a successful track record in a customer sales role is required (minimum of 3 to 5 years)
- You should have past experience and a successful track record in undertaking proactive outbound sales activity.
- You should be a natural ‘go-getter’ - someone who is driven, wants to make a difference and to add value.
- You will be a team player with a good sense of humour.
- You should be well presented to deal with customer facing enquiries with a friendly, can-do attitude.
- Must be organised with good time managements skills.
- You should possess good numeracy skills and also have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience distributing building materials or working within the construction industry would be a distinct advantage but is not essential.
- You will need a basic understanding of MS Office and be generally ‘Tech Savvy’ to quickly learn our inhouse IT systems.
- You must have a full driving licence with your own transport.
Reference ID: SHFSA-08-20
Application deadline: 22/03/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent. Monday to Friday (no Bank
Salary: £22,500.00-£27,500.00 per year (dependant on relevant experience) plus regular incentives and rewards.
Additional Benefits: Auto-enrolment pension, corporate clothing
provided, onsite/off road car parking and paid volunteering working days.
COVID-19 considerations: Social distancing and adhering to all COVID-19 guidelines in the workplace.
If you feel you have the right skills to join our enthusiastic team, email the Application Form
and your CV to email@example.com. Please quote SHFSA-08-20 in any communication.