1. Who we are and how to contact us
1.1. We are Southern Sheeting Supplies Ltd. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08557784 and our registered office is at Ground Floor, 1/7 Station Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1HT. Our VAT number is GB 339 9207 28.
1.2. You can contact us by telephoning a member of
our customer service team at 01342 315300 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. About these Terms and Conditions
2.1. Our website located at www.southernsheeting.co.uk, including any related or substitute domains,
along with any related apps (collectively
"the Site") is owned or
operated by Southern Sheeting Supplies Ltd.
2.2. These terms and conditions,
together with the documents referred to in them, govern how you may make use of
the Site, whether as a visitor or a registered user. Please read these terms
and conditions (the "Terms")
carefully before you start to use the Site. By using the Site, you confirm that
you accept these Terms and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not
agree to these Terms, you must not use the Site.
Other terms that may apply to
Please also be aware of the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of the Site:
3. Definitions and Interpretations
In these Terms, the following terms shall have the meanings assigned to them:
- Account: any account or other registration relating to the Site which is created by you or on your behalf;
- Content: all information, text, images, photos, audio, video and or other information, including all forms of data, media or communication on the Site;
- you: you, as a visitor or user of the Site, whether registered or not, and "your" shall be construed accordingly;
- we or us: Southern Sheeting Supplies Ltd and "our" shall be construed accordingly.
4. Reliance on Information on the Site and availability
4.1. Content posted on the Site is for general information and is not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the Content on our Site is accurate, complete or up to date. In addition to the limitations contained in these Terms, we disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such Content by any user, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its Contents.
4.2. We strongly recommend that visitors to this site consult and/or employ a suitably qualified professional surveyor, architect, consultant, roofer, builder or other such appropriate person as to the material's specification, application and suitability for their own particular circumstances.
4.3. Our Site is provided free of charge and has not been developed to meet your specific requirements. We cannot promise that it will be fit or suitable for your specific purposes.
4.4. We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
5. Account security
5.1. You are responsible for all activity under your Account.
5.2. If you choose, or you are provided with a user name, password or any other log in information as part of your Account set up or other our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party.
5.3. We have the right to disable any user name, password or any other log in information, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
5.4. You are also responsible all persons who access the Site on your behalf and/or use your Account.
6. Intellectual Property Rights
6.1. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site and its Content. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
6.2. Except as expressly provided herein, we do not grant you any express or implied rights.
6.3. Subject to clauses 6.4 and 6.5 of these Terms, you may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any Content or copyright material, trade marks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of us or where applicable, the owner of such proprietary rights.
6.4. You may print off one copy and may download extracts of any page(s) from the Site for your personal use and reference only.
6.5. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of the Content must always be acknowledged.
7. Conditions of Use
7.1. You agree to abide by all applicable local, national and international laws and regulations including rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content, and the export of data from the United Kingdom or your country of residence.
7.2. You are solely responsible for your conduct and any Content that you submit, post or upload to the Site. You are also responsible for all acts or omissions that you or others perform on your behalf or under your Account.
7.3. You agree NOT to:
- Upload, post, distribute and/or disseminate any harmful, obscene, indecent, unlawful, libellous, profane, defamatory, infringing, inappropriate, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material, information or content;
- Upload, post distribute and/or disseminate any content or use the Site in any way that infringes any third party or intellectual property rights;
- Transmit, email or post any material that contains in any form software viruses or such programs as including but not limited to, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel-bots, computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', pyramid schemes', or any other mass messaging.
- Modify, adapt, reverse engineer, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptions of, publicly display, sell, trade or in any way exploit the Site or any content (other than your account), except as expressly authorised by us;
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, extract, scrape or index the Site or any content.
- Take any action that imposes or may, in our sole discretion, impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our technology infrastructure; or
- Remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Site, any features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of content, or any features that enforce limitations on the use of the Site.
7.4. We may, but shall have no obligation to, remove or limit your access to any content and/or the Site if we determine in our sole discretion that your use of the Site is unlawful, fraudulent, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or infringes or violates any third party's intellectual property rights or these terms.
8. Uploading Content / comments / reviews.
8.1. Any material, reviews or comments you upload to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
8.2. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Site constitutes a violation of any of their rights.
8.3. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the Content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of the Site.
8.4. We have the right to remove your Content if, in our opinion, it does not comply with these Terms.
8.5. When you upload Content you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that content in connection with the service provided by the Site and across different media including to promote the Site or our services.
9. Links to and from the Site, and other user/third party Content
9.1. You may link to the Site only via the home page, and you must not provide a link which may damage our reputation or take advantage of it; or suggests any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part.
9.2. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
9.3. The Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with these Terms.
9.4. We do not screen, verify or endorse any third party Content uploaded, posted or distributed on the Site and cannot vouch for its accuracy.
9.5. Where the Site contains links to other sites or resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only and you agree that we are not responsible for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of or reliance on it.
10.1. The Site and the Content is provided 'as is' and 'as available', with no warranties other than as expressly provided here or which cannot be excluded or limited under the law.
10.2. Nothing in these Terms affects nor excludes our liability for: death or personal injury caused by negligence; fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; any “statutory rights” of consumers including as derived from laws such as the Consumer Rights Act 2015; or any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to limit or exclude our liability.
10.3. Except as stated in clause 10.2 we shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss, or loss of profits or revenue, loss of anticipated savings, loss of or damage to data or loss of goodwill. And in any event our maximum liability to you in respect of your use of our Site or any matter arising under or in connection with these Terms is £50.
10.4. Nothing in these Terms affects our liability to you in respect of products or services that you purchase from us. Our liability to you in respect of your purchase of products or services from us will be as set out in our Online Terms and Conditions of Sale[DD4]
10.5. We will not be liable for any loss that is not caused by us or that was caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control. Without limiting the foregoing, under no circumstances shall we be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, Internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labour or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, non-performance of third parties, or loss of or fluctuations in heat, light, or air conditioning.
11.1. You agree to indemnify and at our request defend us from and against any claim or demand made by any third party or other loss suffered by us due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms.
11.2. We reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defence of any such claim. You agree not to settle any matter without our prior written consent. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
12. Termination of our Account and access to the Site
12.1. You or we can terminate Your Account for any reason.
12.2. We may also, in our sole discretion and at any time, discontinue temporarily or permanently providing access to the Account or Site, with or without notice. You agree that any termination or suspension of access to the Account or Site may be effected without notice, and you acknowledge and agree that we may immediately deactivate or delete your Account and all related information in your Account.
12.3. Where possible, we will use reasonable efforts to give you, fair notice of termination or suspension of their access to the Account or Site. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination or suspension of access to or modification of the Site.
12.4. Our proprietary rights, disclaimer of warranties, indemnities, limitations of liability and other provisions which naturally survive termination shall survive any termination.
13. Changes to these Terms
13.1. These Terms may be modified by us at any time. When changes are made, we will notify you by making the revised version available on the Site. You should revisit these Terms on a regular basis as revised versions will be binding on you. Any such modification will be effective when posted.
13.2. Your continued use of the Site after any posted modification to these Terms indicates your acceptance of the modification.
14.1. We may provide you with notices regarding these Terms by email or postings to the Site.
14.2. Except as otherwise stated above, nothing herein is intended, nor will be deemed, to confer any rights or remedies upon any third party.
14.3. These Terms, together with any documents referred to herein, contain the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Site and supersede any prior agreement between us on such subject matter. Neither party may rely upon any representation made but not expressly contained in these Terms.
14.4. The failure by us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
14.5. These Terms and any claims or disputes, whether contractual or non-contractual, arising from them will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
14.6. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion of these Terms to be unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms will continue in full force and effect.
15. Your concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about material which appears on the Site, please email us on email@example.com.
16. Social media competition terms and conditions
3. The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative
4. Prizes are subject to availability
5. The winner will be notified via social media within 24 hours of the closing date and will be asked to provide a delivery address for the prize
6. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within seven days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner
7. The prize will be posted to the winner within seven days of receiving the address, via standard Royal Mail post
8. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom only, aged over 18 years old only.
9. There is no entry fee. The only stipulation of entry is to like and share on Twitter.
10. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into
11. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions
12. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
13. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or any other Social Network