28mm Laplock with a Clear Seala Washer and Cap Pack of 100
Nationwide same day courier dispatch
- Buy 9.99 for £79.36 £66.13 each and save 10%
- Length - 38mm
- Materials - Galvanised screw with black rubber sleeve and clear plastic washers
- Washer - Clear Seala washer and cap surrounding a 19mm Neoprene washer
- Head - 8mm Plain galvanised
- Laplock Fixings are used when you are securing overlaps from a rooflight to either Steel or Fibre Cement roofing sheets.
- This version with the Seala washer and cap is designed for Corrugated Profile roofs for securing the side laps
- They can also be used to stitch some fibre cement accessories to the sheeting in situations where you are unable to pick up on the main supports.
- The fixing point must be Pre-Drilled before inserting the Laplock into the hole, you then tighten the top of the 8mm hex head which expands the rubber sleeve around the shaft, providing a firm and watertight fixing.
- These have a 19mm Bonded neoprene washer.
- They are also available individually.
- High quality rubber sleeve to allow a strong, watertight seal
- Seala washer and cap to seal on corrugated profiles
- Easy to install, predrill, plug and tighten
- Rubber allows for expansion to prevent sheets cracking over time
What is a Laplock?
A Laplock is a fixing with a rubber sleeve, designed to be used with a Box Profile Rooflight to secure the overlap on a GRP sheet A Laplock is a fixing with a rubber sleeve, designed to be used with a Box Profile Rooflight to secure the overlap on a GRP sheet.
Why do I need to use a laplock?
It allows for expansion and contraction, if you used a metal fitting such as stitchers, this would crack the GRP sheet around the fixing.
How are they installed?
You pre-drill the sheet with a 7mm hole, you then put the laplock into the hole and tighten the 8mm head, this will expand the rubber sleeve to close and watertight the hole, you then clip the Seala cap over the top to ensure that the fixing is fully watertight.
What else do I need?
You may need an 8mm Magnetic drill socket if you do not already, this is how you tighten the fixing.
Find the right materials and support for your project
We can help! View our supportive help guides and videos.
Our supportive guides and help videos will help you achieve the best results. Our knowledgeable team can also offer helpful tips, and support to help you plan and purchase what you need!