6.000m Cee Section
- Type - C Section
- Length - 6.000m
- Depth - 140mm
- Thickness - 1.6mm
- Weight - 20.2kg
- Material - Galvanised Steel
- Punching - Un Punched
- Top Flange - 65mm
- Bottom Flange - 65mm
- Top Lip - 15mm
- Bottom Lip - 15mm
- Purlins are horizontal beams that are used for structural support in buildings. Most commonly, purlins are major components of roof structures.
- Cee Section purlins are galvanised steel beams primarily used to fix side cladding sheets to a building in a safe and easy manner. The cee purlins we sell are commonly used on industrial and agricultural buildings. They are used as purlins over walls, floor joists and rafters. They are in the shape of a square 'C'.
- This cee section comes un-punched.
- We also offer a cee section in a 140mm depth.
- These are used in con-junction with cleats to help fit the purlin to the building, Southern Sheeting supply these.
- Suitable for a wide range of projects
- Pre punched to allow fixing straight away
- Fast to erect and easy to use
- Structurally strong
- CE marked
- High tensile strength
- High quality
What are purlins used for?
A purlin is used for structural support in buildings and fitted to the structure which enables roof and cladding sheets to be fixed to them.
What is the maximum spacing for purlins?
A roof purlin should be spaced at no greater distance than 1.8m for 0.7mm box profile sheeting. There are many factors that can affect this, and this is just a rough idea to use.
How are the purlins attached to the building?
A purlin is connected to the framework of the building by a cleat that is bolted or welded to the column or rafter.
Where do I use a Zee purlin and a Cee section purlin?
Zed purlins are commonly used in roof applications, while Cee sections are used to support walls or floors of the building. However, Zed purlins can also be used for the walls as well.
Which is stronger, a Zed or Cee purlin?
The zed purlin is stronger due to its shape, hence why it is used for the roof application.
Find the right materials and support for your project
We can help! View our supportive help guides and videos.
Our supportive guides and help videos will help you achieve the best results. Our knowledgeable team can also offer helpful tips, and support to help you plan and purchase what you need!