Trex Protect Tape
Nationwide same day courier dispatch
- Material - Self-adhesive Butyl Tape
- Length 20m
- Trex Protect Tape
- Trex Protect Joist and Beam tape is a self-adhesive butyl tape designed to protect the top of your timber joist or beam.
- This prevents moisture ingress that can lead to joist rot and loosening of the deck screws and fasteners.
- Available in two widths to ensure no matter the application there will be a size suitable for your sub-frame.
- Trex Protect is a non-skid, self-adhesive deck flashing tape that is designed to shield the tops of joists, rim joists, ledger boards and beams from moisture that can lead to the development of rot and wood decay and the loosening of deck screws and fasteners.
- The Protect tape works on horizontal and vertical surfaces and is applied as a “cap” (vs. wrapping), which allows the wood to breathe. This butyl-based self-adhesive tape is superior to asphalt-based joist tape and beam tape because it won’t bleed, dry out as quickly, or curl up and hold water. As a result, it acts as a moisture barrier between wood and galvanised metal commonly used in construction hardware.
- Can be applied both vertically and horizontally
- Protects from rot and screws/fastenings loosening
- Easily cut
- Extends the lifespan of subframe for decking dramatically
- Comes in 2 widths to ensure it can be used for any deck size
Find the right materials and support for your project
We can help! View our supportive help guides and videos.
Our supportive guides and help videos will help you achieve the best results. Our knowledgeable team can also offer helpful tips, and support to help you plan and purchase what you need!