Heavy Duty Drillscrew
Nationwide same day courier dispatch
- Material - Galvanised
- Head - 8mm Hex
- Washer 19mm
- Capability - Fixing into steel 3mm to 12mm thick (hot rolled)
- Screw Diameter - 5.5mm
- Weight - Up to 3kg (depending on length)
- Bag of 100no. Heavy Duty drillscrews / tek screws with 19mm bonded washer and 8mm hex head.
- Heavy duty drillscrews have a cutting point that will self drill through up to 12mm thick hot rolled steel supports without the need to pre-drill.
- Ideal for fixing roofing or cladding sheets directly to RSJ's or Angle Iron supports.
- Available in 38mm (with 19mm washer for Steel sheets, 29mm Washer for GRP sheets) 67mm, 80mm, 105mm, 130mm, 155mm and 190mm lengths
- We also stock screws for Going into Light Section Steel (cold rolled up to 3mm thick) and Timber.
What is a Heavy Duty Drillscrew?
A Heavy Duty drillscrew is designed to fix Trapezoidal Box profiles or insulated box profiles into Hot Rolled Steels (Such as RSJ’s) which are 3mm-12mm Thick
What material are they made of?
These Screws are made of galvanised steel.
What are these used for?
This length is typically used to fix single skin box profile steel sheets.
Where are they fixed?
The fixing is designed to be installed into the valley (trough) of the profile.
Do I need anything else?
You will need an 8mm Magnetic Drill Socket to install these with, you may also wish to consider a coloured cap to push onto the screw to protect the head and match the colour of what you are fixing.
Find the right materials and support for your project
We can help! View our supportive help guides and videos.
Our supportive guides and help videos will help you achieve the best results. Our knowledgeable team can also offer helpful tips, and support to help you plan and purchase what you need!