Light Section Drillscrew
Nationwide same day courier dispatch
- Material - Galvanised
- Head - 8mm Hex head
- Washer 19mm
- Capability - Fixing into light section steel (up to 3mm thick - cold rolled)
- Screw Diameter - 5.5mm
- Bag of 100, Light Section Drill Screws with 19mm bonded wash and 8mm hex head.
- Light Section Drill Screws are the most common sheet to steel purlin fixing used in the steel roofing and cladding industry.
- Light Sections are self tapping roofing fixings that will self screw into cold rolled steel purlins up to 3.0mm thick, there is no need to pre-drill.
- These fixings are designed to fit into the Valley of a profile.
- Available in 25mm (For Single Skin Box Profile Metal), 32mm (With 29mm Washer for Box profile GRP), 45mm (With No Washer for Mini Zed), 70mm (Fully Threaded for Ashgrid / Mini Zed / 30mm Composite), 75mm, 85mm, 105mm, 115mm, 130mm and 150mm.
- 8mm Galvanised head (Can fit a coloured cap to match colour of project)
- Fixes into Cold Rolled Steel up to 3mm thick (Like Purlins)
- Self Tapping – No need to pre-drill
What is a Light Section Drillscrew?
A Light Section drillscrew is designed to fix Trapezoidal Box profiles or insulated box profiles into Cold Rolled Steels (such as purlins) which are up to 3mm thick)
What material are they made of?
These Screws are made of galvanised steel.
What are these used for?
This longer length is typically used with Insulated Panels or built up systems, see the product description for a sizing chart. The shorter lengths are used for single skin box profile or single skin GRP profile sheets.
Where are they fixed?
The fixing is designed to be installed into the valley (trough) of the profile.
Do I need anything else?
You will need an 8mm Magnetic Drill Socket to install these with, you may also wish to consider a coloured cap to push onto the screw to protect the head and match the colour of what you are fixing.
Find the right materials and support for your project
We can help! View our supportive help guides and videos.
Our supportive guides and help videos will help you achieve the best results. Our knowledgeable team can also offer helpful tips, and support to help you plan and purchase what you need!