Wood Baz Fixing
Nationwide same day courier dispatch
- Material - Galvanised
- Available Lengths - 90mm & 130mm
- Head - 8mm Hex
- Capability - Fixing into timber
- Thread - Expansion wings and gap
- Screw Diameter - 6.3mm
- Weight - Up to 3.2kg per pack
- Bag of 100
- Wood Baz Fixings are the most efficient fastener for installing profiled fibre cement sheeting into timber supports.
- These self tapping drillscrew allow for easy and quick top fix without the need to pre-drill.
- A Baz fixing features an 8mm hex head with a galvanised washer and rubber domed sealer washer.
- On the shank of the screw there are specially designed wings which drill out a wider diameter hole to allow for expansion and contraction of the fibre cement sheet.
- Should be fixed through the crown of the sheet profile, not in the valley.
- If you are fixing into steel Thinner than 3mm thick (Cold Rolled), you will require a Light Section Baz Screw instead, if you are fixing into steel 3mm to 12mm Thick, you will need a Heavy Duty BAZ screw instead. Alternitively you may require a hookbolt.
- 90mm Length is for Profile 3 Fibre Cement Sheets and 130mm is for Profile 6 Fibre Cement Sheets
- Galvanised material
- Fixes into Timber supports
- Self Tapping – No need to pre-drill
- Expansion wings so Fibre Cement Wont crack with temperature changes
What product is a BAZ screw used to fix?
BAZ screws are a self-tapping screw used to fix corrugated Fibre Cement profiles.
Do I need to Pre-Drill this screw?
No, BAZ screws are self tapping screws.
What material does this Wood Baz fix into?
This Timber Drill screw will fix a fibre cement sheet into Timber supports.
What are the wings at the sides of the screw for?
These wings are specially designed to self-tap an expansion gap for the screw, this prevents the sheet cracking when the screw expands and contracts through different temperatures.
Do I need a cap for these screws?
No, these screws are designed the self-seal and therefore do not require any cap to go over the top of the screw.
Where are these screws fixed?
These screws are fixed into the crown of the corrugated profile.
Find the right materials and support for your project
We can help! View our supportive help guides and videos.
Our supportive guides and help videos will help you achieve the best results. Our knowledgeable team can also offer helpful tips, and support to help you plan and purchase what you need!