Perforated Closure Trim
Nationwide same day courier dispatch
- Material - Plain mill aluminium
- Length - 2500mm
- Dimensions - 30mm x 40/50/70/100mm
- Perforation Dimensions - 3mm x 10mm
- Weight - 0.2/0.3/0.4/0.5kg
- Perforated closure/insect mesh is to be used to cap off battens at the top and bottom of all openings including above and below windows/doors etc. They prevent anything nesting or building up in the crucial air flow gap behind the Cedral weatherboarding, without restricting any of the airflow.
- They come in 2.5m lengths unlike the majority of trims which are 3m.
- All widths are available in the plain mill finish, 40mm/50mm are also available in Black.
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Protects from nesting and anything else accessing the airflow gap
- Small perforations to prevent even the smallest pests
Can I get colour matched mesh?
No, all sizes of mesh are available in a plain mill finish. The two smaller sizes are also available in a Black finish.
Is the mesh the same length as the rest of the trims for the Cedral?
No, the mesh are only 2500mm in length where as all other trims are 3000mm long.
Is the mesh not attached to the start profile?
Unlike the Hardie Plank start trim our mesh and start trims come separately. This allows for the mesh to be used at both the top and bottom of the cladding as per the Cedral fixing guide.
What size are the holes?
The perforations are 3mm by 10mm, and coverboth the leg and the face.
Why are there so many different sizes?
We supply 4 different depths of perforated closure so that there is an option for most batten depths to have cover.
Can I use the 30mm x 40mm for a 25mm batten?
No, this is because you shouldn't be using a 25mm batten for the Cedral cladding. As per the Cedral fixing guide you should be battening for a 30mm air flow gap behind the planks.
Find the right materials and support for your project
We can help! View our supportive help guides and videos.
Our supportive guides and help videos will help you achieve the best results. Our knowledgeable team can also offer helpful tips, and support to help you plan and purchase what you need!